Monday, April 11, 2011

Run-on Sentence: 12-miler

Saturday's long run was a simple out and back course.

It took me from home, around the south end of the zoo,  d  o  w  n  Stone Way to the Burke-Gilman Trail, east past Gasworks Park to the University of Washington, and back.


The daffodils at the zoo were in full bloom- I don't know what variety these are, but they're lovely!
I also like that the bark path at the south end has been widened- THANK YOU City of Seattle.



 Gasworks Park


I wonder just how many times these concrete thingamajiggers at Gasworks have been photographed just like this.  OK, so I don't win any points for originality on this one, do I?


This was spray painted on the sidewalk at my halfway/turnaround point. It made me chuckle.



Ah, the return route, back through Gasworks.  There's my city!



Nothing like slogging up the slow gradual, 1 mile uphill of Stone Way to test your training.  Even the murals on the buildings make you feel like you're going against the stream.  I'm pretty sure that little one in the corner was laughing at me.



Back at home- reward time!


Thank goodness the TASTE has been scientifically proven to be 100%.



Distance: 12.2 miles
Time: 1:59:10
Temp at start: 43 degrees
Temp at end: 47 degrees
Conditions: Overcast, dry, and calm
Playing on my iPod: Absolutely nothing, because iRun without
Things I thought about (other than this blog post):  A few weeks ago, I made up a joke and told it to BS, my husband, while we were out on a hike.  It was one of those jokes with an incredibly long set up.  It was a funny bad joke.  Like, really funny bad.  It involved a Sasquatch that was part of the barefoot running craze.  It's been killing me because I can't remember it, and neither can BS.  I spent the better part of 2 hours trying to remember it, and came up blank.  Good thing I have 14 miles next weekend...that gives me about 18 more minutes to try and remember it.


Yours truly- Tigerlily

No comments:

Post a Comment