Thursday, April 28, 2011

Perspective

I find myself getting frustrated during this time of mid-Spring (and subsequently annoyed with myself for feeling frustrated) when I so desperately want to hurry up and see the garden absolutely and completely filled to the gills in an orgy of Midsummer leaves, branches, buds & blooms.


It's times like this, though, that I have to step back and appreciate just how far we've come.



March 2007


Today


OK, I feel much better now.

Yours truly-
Tigerlily

3 comments:

  1. Holy cow! The last time I saw your backyard there were definitely beds, but they were immature. And lookie now! Back fence! Shed! New beds! A path! And more! I'm so impressed. It looks beautiful.

    The one thing that was better in 2007? Bill was out toiling in the yard ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Tigerlily -that bland rectangle of land has come a long way - and is so full of life and interest!

    I love how there is a sense of destination and also appreciate how the varied foliage of your growing trees deflects the eye rather than acting like a stop sign in the way a super-tall, solid fence or hedge would do while. Instead of trying to block out the structure behind, you are making its existence irrelevant.

    Annie at the Transplantable Rose

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow! i remember the photos of the new yard but hadn't seen anything since. it looks amazing! so beautiful, you've done great work and it shows. :)
    hope things are good! sabe

    ReplyDelete