Monday, May 16, 2011

Garden Bloggers Bloom Day May 2011

I owe the garden blogging community a couple of apologies. 


First, I was tardy.  Garden Bloggers Bloom Day was yesterday.  I hate being late.  It's tough, though, when the 15th falls on a weekend, since since the last place you'll find me on a Saturday or Sunday is on my computer.  
I  know, excuses, excuses.


Second, I need to apologize for the lack of diversity my post.  You see, I suffer from an incurable affliction that I succumb to once a year.  It is known as Lilac Blindness.  It's the result of being born & raised in Lombard, Illinois, which, in case you didn't know, is The Lilac Capital of the World.


Yeah, yeah, there's other stuff blooming in the garden right now, but none of that matters.



The lilacs are blooming.





You can take the girl out of Lombard, but you can't take the Lombard out of the girl.



Yours truly-
Tigerlily

3 comments:

  1. Wonderful! You crack me up, Tigerlily. Bet you even had your photo taken on the Rastus statue in Lilacia Park!

    Annie at the Transplantable Rose

    ReplyDelete
  2. No apologies...I LOVE Lilacs...my absolute favorite scent in all the world!

    ReplyDelete