Monday, August 15, 2011

Garden Bloggers' Bloom Day- August 2011



I work a desk job.
By nature, I'm an outside kind of girl, so there are times of the year when it's really tough to be in the office.

One of my coping strategies is to bring a vase in every Monday morning with what was blooming out in the yard.  It's a nice little reminder of what I'm working for.
Sometimes my vase is kinda skimpy, but not so in August!

Rather than go around the yard and photograph every bloom, I thought I'd do a little "one stop shopping" and present to you my entire yard of star performers, all in one vase.

Here's the roll call for today's desktop bouquet:
• Dahlias
• Monarda
• Butterfly Bush
• Yarrow
• Nasturtium
• Chocolate Cosmos
• Nicotiana
• Rudbekia
• Shastas
• Sweet Peas (eat your heart out, Midwest...our crummy summer = the sweet peas are still kicking!)
• Echinacea
• Salpiglossis
• Potentilla
• Lavendar

Be sure to check out what's blooming in other folks' yards over at May Dreams Gardens!


Yours truly-
Tigerlily

4 comments:

  1. What a great idea, and a great photo. Beautiful arrangement. The garden must be a joy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely gorgeous and bet it smells wonderful, Tigerlily!
    My northern gardening days are so long ago - what are the smaller coral-colored blossoms with the reddish centers? Are those the potentilla?

    Annie at the Transplantable Rose

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it...beautiful blooms (and they go so well together)!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you! Yes, Annie, the coral-colored ones are the potentilla. It's one that we dragged with us from our old rental house that's always just been happy to bloom no matter where it's put. That is MY kind of plant.

    ReplyDelete